Monday, February 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Scones




My mother is putting together a recipe book for our families
90th reunion.  I wanted to send her some recipes to include and
came across this recipe for Chocolate Chip Scones.  I have no
idea where I got the recipe and don't really remember making them.

I hated to send the recipe on without making them first
myself and making sure they tasted great. 

They do, and now I'm sharing the recipe with you.


CHOCOLATE CHIP SCONES

3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup white sugar
5 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400*
In large bowl combine sifted flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Cut in butter.  (I use my fingers, it's so much easier)
Stir in chocolate chips.
Mix the egg and milk in small bowl.  Stir into flour mixuture until moistened.

Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.  Roll dough
to 1/2 inch thick.  Cut into wedges.
Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.

They came out so light and fluffy.  They will be delicious with my morning coffee.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...