Friday, March 2, 2012

A fun day...

Leap Day 2012


An extra 24 hours in this year.


I had a pretty good day and a little luck.


Early in February, I went to my favorite quilt shop to get zippers.


I go to this quilt shop specifically for their zippers.


They carry tons, in lots of fun colors and they are only a little over a dollar each.


Zippers, Uploaded with Snapbucket

My daughter's birthday was that coming weekend and we were having a surprise birthday party for her.


I invited 7 of her friends and decided to make each of the girls a goodie bag.


A goodie bag that looked like this.


Wheres my mother to help me sew all these bags when i need her?, Uploaded with Snapbucket

I made 8 of them in all different colors.


I also got the pattern from the quilt shop.


Well, when I was checking out; they gave me a red envelope as part of their Red Envelope Extravaganza.


The deal was I had to bring the red envelope back on February 29, Leap Day, unopened and inside could be a prize or a discount coupon.


I put it on my calendar and decided that I would go back to see what was in my red envelope.


You just never know.


I also knew I would be needing some more zippers.


When I got there, the first thing I did was have the lady check my red envelope.


Low and behold, I was a winner.


I was so excited, I never win anything.


I figured I would just get a percentage off my purchase, which would have been plenty for me.


Not this time, it was my lucky day.


I won this:


I won this iron today!!!, Uploaded with Snapbucket

My mom has one of these and they are so handy to keep in the craft room.


I had been wanting one since I saw hers.


I also got to do a little shopping.


I found another pattern.


I love this one and can't wait to get started on it.


Pattern, Uploaded with Snapbucket

I got enough material to make 2 of the long ones.


Fabric, Uploaded with Snapbucket

The pattern seems a little more complicated than the bags I made for my daughter and her friends but I'll just have to take my time.


I can't wait to see how they turn out.


So, I had a great Leap Day 2012.


How did you spend your day?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...