Monday, July 2, 2012

GA Aquarium/World of Coke Field Trip

I've been meaning to post these photos for a long time.  Now that school is out and has been for over a month, I guess it's a great time to finally get them posted.

My son's 5th grade field trip was to the GA Aquarium and World of Coke.  I was lucky enough to be one of the chaperones.  I love to visit the aquarium and I hadn't been to the new location of the World of Coke since they moved 5 or 6 years ago.

One of my girlfriends and I drove down together.  Our boys have known each other since kindergarten and are still really good friends.

The kids got to ride on chartered buses.

I snapped some pictures while waiting for the buses to arrive.





The buses finally arrive and the kids are able to get off.  They loved riding on the fancy buses instead of the yellow school buses.


Everybody lines up by class before going inside.  



In the aquarium we were pretty much able to go off on our own with our small group we, as chaperones, were in charge of.  We did have to meet together for the "behind the scenes" tour which I got to be a part of.
Unfortunately, you can't take pictures behind the scenes.


I love the starfish.



I could hang out at the aquarium all day and watch the fish.  Our aquarium has some pretty cool ones on display.



I love these dolphin statues outside.


A cool Atlanta Falcons one.


After the aquarium visit, we head over to the World of Coke.


I bet this poor guy gets a lot of nasty kid hands all over his drink everyday.




Crazy kid in front of the old-timey coke truck.


When you first go into the World of Coke, you enter this room with all the cool Coke paraphernalia in it. I was completely mesmerized and tried to take pictures of everything.




I love this wall.  I could see a wall like this in my basement.

  

Decorated Coke bottles in the lobby.

We didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked at either place due to having to be back to the school in time for the students to make it home.
I did have a great time and want to visit again soon.  I mean, we do only live 30 minutes from there.

This is a view of the aquarium from the World of Coke.


More Atlanta scenery.



While at the aquarium we also got to see the performance called Dolphin Tales.  It was another event that we weren't able to take photos at.  If you are ever in the Atlanta area and make it to the aquarium be sure to spend the extra money on the Dolphin Tales exhibit.  

It was totally worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...