Monday, November 22, 2010

Monte Cristo Sandwich

I would like to introduce you to my new panini maker.


I remember seeing commercials for a panini maker and since I love a hot ooey gooey sandwich; I knew that I just had to have one.

My daughter loves for me to make her a Monte Cristo sandwich on it so I thought I would share the recipe so you can go out and buy a panini maker and make them for yourself and your family.  Just kidding, but it really is an inexpensive item and fun to use.

So here goes......

Ingredients:

1 egg
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 Tbsp raspberry jam
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
4 slices hearty white sandwich bread.  You can lightly toast the bread first if you so desire.
6 slices Swiss or Gruyere cheese
4 slices deli ham
4 slices deli turkey
3 Tbsp vegetable oil.

First rub vegetable oil on the rack of your panini maker, then preheat.


Mix the raspberry jam and dijon mustard in small bowl.  Spread on both sides of bread.  You can omit this step if your child doesn't like the jam and mustard, like I did.  I do like it; so I put it on mine.


Instead I just put a little olive oil on the inside of her bread. 

Layer the bread with the cheese, ham and turkey.  You can do this anyway you like and use as much as you like.

Whisk the egg, cream, sugar, salt, dry mustard and cayenne pepper in shallow dish until combined.




Dredge both sides of sandwich in egg mixture.




Place sandwich into preheated panini maker.  Cook for about 4 minutes then very carefully using a spatula and lots of prayer; turn the sandwich completely around and cook about another 4 minutes.



Turning it ensures that the cheese is completely melted. 

Put it on a plate and voila; a yummy sandwich that didn't take much time at all. 

I hope you will try to make Monte Cristo Sandwiches for your family and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...