Saturday, July 7, 2012

Easy Wall Decoration

 Since finishing the walls in our basement, I hadn't yet put up many pictures or other decorations.  My main accent color is black but I also wanted to add some color.

This is such an easy wall decoration and a great way to add color to any room.

I had purchased the large quilting loop when I thought I was going to be quilting my first quilt by hand.  I quickly realized that wasn't going to happen so it's just been hanging out in my basement for a couple months.

I then went to Hobby Lobby and purchased 2 smaller loops and some fabric.


I inserted some fabric into each loop and tightened it really good.  I wanted to make sure the fabric was really smooth.




I made the 2 smaller loops the same fabric and the larger loop a coordinating fabric color.


Once all the fabric was securely in the loop.  I trimmed the fabric as close to the loop as I could.


The 2 smaller ones finished.


This is the wall space where I needed a little color.


The finished "art work".  They were so easy to hang.  I actually wanted the screws to be to the side but they were just to heavy to stay.  They ended up having to go to the bottom.




This is the view from my desk.

I really like how it adds some color to that corner and they are the perfect fit.  


This project took me maybe 15 minutes to complete, and cost about $20.  The bigger quilting loop was a little more expensive because I actually bought it to use for quilting.

I like it better hanging on the wall as art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...