Thursday, November 15, 2012

Turkey Day Menu

Thanksgiving is going to be here in the blink of an eye.  For several years we went to Ohio to spend Thanksgiving with our families.

I was looking back through some photos for this post and came across some family photos that were taken on our trips up North.

This is from Thanksgiving 2001

 This is with my husbands family.  All the great-grandkids with great-grandma.

Thanksgiving 2002

This is my kids with my sister's kids and our parents. 


Thanksgiving 2003

We took a family portrait with hubby's family.


Thanksgiving 2005

Cousins on my side of the family.

Thanksgiving 2006

 My kids ready for dinner at my parents house.


Thanksgiving 2007

 My kids with my parents.

In 2009 and 2010, we decided to stay home and had Thanksgiving here.


Thanksgiving 2011

 All the girls on hubby's side of the family.

 My and my dad.  
This was the last Thanksgiving I got to spend with him.  He passed away 2 weeks later.

We decided to stay home again this year.  I just don't have the gumption to go to Ohio.  

I love to cook and plan menus so I'm excited to be able to plan our Thanksgiving menu.  My father-in-law is coming down to spend the week with us.  

So this is what's on our menu for this year.

Ultimate Stuffed Mushrooms
Deviled Eggs
Good Eats Roast Turkey
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Corn Casserole
Stuffing
Dinner Rolls

Dessert will include:
New York Cheesecake
Apple Crumb Pie

I've been making my shopping list and hope to get my shopping done before the weekend hits and I have to fight the crowd.

I'll be sure to share the recipes for all these delicious items after Thanksgiving.

Do you plan a Thanksgiving menu? Do you find yourself having the same things over and over each year?  I like to throw in something different every year.  

Whatever your style is or whatever is on your menu, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...