Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A new year along with new resolutions

Happy 2013

It seems like just yesterday that I typed Happy 2012.  It's amazing to me how fast the years are flying by.  I feel like I've said that before also.

So, onto my new years resolutions.  I try to make my resolutions not only something that will make me a better person but also benefit others in some way.

This year I have 5 resolutions.  I actually have 4 new ones and 1 that I want to roll over from last year.

My first one is to continue to send birthday cards to family members.  I have tried doing this in the past and failed miserably.  I'm happy to say that last year, I got a birthday card to every member of my family.  Let me stop here and clarify; I'm not including aunts, uncles and cousins, I send to siblings, parents and nieces/nephews.  I really can't go further out of the family circle than that.  You can read about my resolution to do this last year by going here.

#2

I love to take pictures. My second resolution is to get back on the 365 photo a day challenge band wagon.  The basic idea is to take a picture everyday for a year.  At the end of the year, I would like to put together a scrapbook of all the pictures.  I have a friend who has done this and it's such a great idea.

This is my first one of the new year:

 

#3

My third one goes along with #2; it's to take more pictures of my kids.  I take lots of pictures of my kids on the sporting fields and I want to take more of them actually posing for the camera.  Say maybe one day before school and I think they look great in the outfit they have on, or after church getting them together for a family photo.  When I was looking for pictures to put in our Christmas card this year, I was sad to see that all my pictures were of sporting events.  I will still take the sports photos, but need to add more photos in with it.

#4

I suggested this resolution to my hubby and kids and thought it would be a great family resolution.  It's to read 1 novel a month.  I thought it would be a great family activity but the hubs and our daughter didn't think so.  I think I can get the youngest son on board because, like me; he loves to read.

I started my January novel yesterday and I'm reading The Descendents by Kaui Hart Hemmings.  


#5

My fifth and last is to finish more projects that I've started.  I have so many unfinished projects laying around my craft room and I get so irritated when I go out and buy more stuff to start new projects when I already have unfinished projects that need to be worked on.  Some of these projects are my scrapbooks.  I have so many unfinished scrapbook projects that I really want to get caught-up on.  I have some sewing projects that I want to finish and well as home improvement projects.  

So, as you can see, I'm sure to be a very busy person this year.  I'll do my best to keep you updated on how things are going throughout the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...