Thursday, January 17, 2013

365 Take 2

I'm just a few days late in posting my 365 Photo A Day Week 2 recap.  I got a little stomach thing and it put me behind for a couple days.

So without further ado, here are my photo recaps for the 2nd week of January.  Which, by the way, doesn't seem right because it feels like January is flying by.

Day 9:

Sometimes as parents we swear we won't do something.  We won't give into our kids whining for candy, sugar, soda; we won't let them play video games or have computers in their rooms... you get the idea.  One thing I swore I would never do was pick my kids up after school.  I always said, we have buses, that's what the drivers are paid for; getting you home.  I especially said that I wouldn't pick my child up from high school in the elementary school parking lot which is right next door.  When my kids were in the elementary school and I would go volunteer, I would get so frustrated trying to leave the parking lot because the HIGH SCHOOL parents were always blocking the cars in.  It was very frustrating and they would not move.  I just couldn't understand what was wrong with these parents picking up their HIGHSCHOOLER from school.  But look... here I am sitting in the elementary school parking lot picking up my daughter, who is now a highschooler.

Oh, what has this world come to? 


At least I'm in an actual parking spot and not blocking other cars in.

Day 10:

My youngest son wasn't feeling well today so I let him stay home from school.  He told me he just couldn't cough his way through the school day again.  After we picked up his sister from school (I know, I know) we headed over to their big brothers apartment.  He needed some boxes and we needed to bring his Christmas decorations back to our house for storage.  He has to be out of his apartment by January 31 and will be doing a 1-year tour of duty with the National Guard.  His siblings enjoyed spending the afternoon with him.


Day 11:

One of my girlfriends sells Scentsy and I went over to her Open House to smell some new scents.  Yummy, yummy!

So many choices.


Day 12:

It was a Saturday and the only thing we had on our calendar was a 10am basketball game.  What better time to get started finishing the final room in our basement.  It's time to get this project off our plates.


Day 13:

I have natural curly hair.  In the winter, I usually blow it out and use a straightening iron on it.  I decided that I would wear it curly but instead of letting it dry naturally, I dried it on low and then used a curling iron to add some defining curls.  I liked the way it turned out.


Day 14:

Today was toilet paper day.  I learned of this great tp deal on Amazon.com and took advantage of it.  I ordered it on Thursday and had it at my house on Monday.  I was very impressed.  Looks like we'll be set for a while.



I'm really proud of myself for keeping up with this project.  I realize it's only been 2 weeks, but that's huge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...