Friday, January 23, 2015

Kitchen Renovation Part 1

I have been wanting a new kitchen for years and years.

When we bought this house, this is what the kitchen looked like


It was very basic and white.  My other house also had an all white kitchen and at first I loved it.  But after 20 years of having white cabinets, white counter tops, white floor and white appliances; I'm ready for a little color in my life.

Once we got settled, we did get some paint on the walls and the kitchen looked like this.



A few years later, we got new floors and I started putting in black appliances just to get away from everything being white.


We changed out the lights and I was happy to live with it like this for awhile. 

However, like all cheaply new built homes, the cabinets are not real wood.  They are particle board with laminate doors.  As you know, cheap things tend to fall apart after many years.  My cabinets were starting to come apart from the wall and the laminate on the doors was starting to peel off.

One day my daughter and I decided to pull it all off the doors and we were going to paint the cabinets.

It then looked like this.


Beautiful huh!  Oh, and hubby had already taken off a couple doors so he could start painting them.  I think it was the next day that he mentioned the idea of going ahead and getting the new cabinets and counter tops since painting them would be such a huge job.

So we started shopping around and coming up with ideas.

We finally settled on what we want and they will be delivered Monday!

I am extremely excited.  
I have spent this week clearing out all my kitchen stuff so that we could start tearing everything out this weekend.

Here is where we are now:


  

My kitchen seems so empty.

 





We are working on taking the appliances out tonight then tomorrow the cabinets will be coming down.


We have set up a "command center" if you will that has paper plates, cups, plastic utensils.  I'll also be able to put my crock pot there because we will be eating lots of crock pot meals over the next few weeks.


All of my kitchen stuff has been boxed up and moved to the living room.  I also have a table set up in here that has some things out that we may need.

 
     

I am really excited and can't wait for it to be finished.  I just hope it doesn't take forever!

Wish me luck!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...