Monday, October 11, 2010

Treasures.....

I love a good treasure!

I am always on the look out for a great antique store
whereas to find many good treasures.

I have a very nice antique store right down the road from me
that I frequent, but sometimes I need to find something in a new area.

Because of the 3-day weekend, I picked up my oldest son
from college in Milledgeville on Friday.

I knew I would have to take him back Monday so with the
other kids home, I thought it would be a great time to do some
sight seeing in Milledgeville.

I keep asking my son what they have there and his answer is always the same:
"Nothing"

Bologna!! I just didn't believe it.

So after we dropped his things off at the barracks,
we headed downtown.


I found a store full of treasurers....

I was so excited and could have stayed there all day.

The kids even enjoyed themselves looking at all the cool things.

This is a picture of the outside of the stores.



But this is inside the store.  Keep in mind that
this store is 2 levels!

I am on the 2nd level and the bottom level is just as big
with just as many things.





I was in "junk store" heaven.  My husband said that I had found
the true Stuff Mart.

I could have spent so much money there.  I found lots
of things I wanted and I'm sure their are lots of things
that I didn't see.

Had I had more time and money; I could have spent the entire day there.


These are the 2 (yes only 2) things that I did get:




My youngest son picked out the butt pad.
Go GMC Bulldogs!!

I picked out the black lantern.  Don't you just love it!


We also found a quaint little ice cream shop that also sold the
most amazing looking carrot cake.  I didn't have any this
time, but you can bet I will when I go back.



My youngest son would not turn around so I could take
his picture.  This was like the 5th one I had to take and I
had to promise him $1!!

With that blue tongue, I don't think he will get it.
The oldest son just looks totally annoyed!



Here is another picture of some of the downtown.



We also went into a book store.  Book stores attract me like
a very strong magnet.  I cannot pass by a book store without going inside.

I always find a book I can't live without and today was no exception.  I found this
pillow book on clearance.  It has ideas and patterns to make 25 different styles of pillows.

Guess what I'll be doing over the next few months. 

I can't wait to get started.





1 comment:

  1. Love this!! The lantern is great and may just have to borrow that book sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...