Friday, January 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Cupcakes

I'm so sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday as promised but I was soooooo busy.  I'm sure your thinking "yea, right" but seriously, I was.

Now on to the good stuff.

I picked up a cookbook from the library called "The Happy Baker" by Erin Bolger.  You can check out her website, follow her on facebook, twitter and even subscribe to her newsletter here.  I found the recipe for these cupcakes inside among many other things I want to try.  If you have a library near you, and I'm sure most of you do, you should definately go check out this book.


Peanut Butter Cupcakes



2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup oil
1 cup milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup hot water

ICING
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp (or more) hot water
2 cups confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350*
Line cupcake tins; the recipe says it makes 18 cupcakes, but I got more like 21.

In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.

Add oil, milk, vanilla, beaten eggs; blend well.
Stir in hot water, mix well.

Fill lined cupcake tins.  Bake for 22-25 minutes.  Let cool.

FOR ICING: Blend together butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.  Gradually add confectioners' sugar and hot water until desired texture is achieved.

Ice cupcakes and enjoy!!



Please remember to leave a comment if you make these and let me know what you think.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...