Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Today we celebrate all the great dad's in the world and I wanted to take the time to say Happy Father's Day to the guy that my kids call dad.
(He's the one hiding behind the pole)
Yes, he's always good for a laugh.


We don't spend a lot of money on elaborate gifts for Father's Day, or even Mother's Day  for that matter; we just like to spend the day together, doing something fun as a family.

The kids usually get their dad a card and they make some kind of gift for him.  This year, this is what we made.


He loves Reece's Pieces so we thought this would be very fitting.

I also cooked lunch and made a dessert to have for later.

The recipe I made today is Strawberry Colada Parfait Pie.  It's made using Tastefully Simple's Strawberry Colada Parfait Mix.
 


All you do is mix the contents of Packet 1 from the box with 8 oz cream cheese.  Once that is mixed fold in 1 tub of whipped topping.


Spread that mixture into a graham cracker crust and sprinkle the contents of Packet 2 from the box over the top.


Cut some strawberries up into slices.


Put the strawberries on top and you have a delicious dessert ready to go.

I think it took a total of about 20 minutes to make and I didn't have to turn on the oven in this heat. 





I hope my hubby loves it and has a very happy father's day!!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...