Monday, March 14, 2011

568 photos and a weekend of softball & baseball

I didn't get much sorting, tossing and cleaning done this weekend. 
What I did do, however; was take lots of pictures.

568 pictures to be exact.

Actually, let me rephrase that; at one point my daughter got her hands on the camera and she took about 100 pictures.  So, technically; I only took 468.  A minor detail when you take that many pictures.

I'm sure your thinking "what on earth could she possibly take that many pictures of?"

Um, baseball and softball, duh!!

It has started (and taken over our lives) in full force.  I'm not sure when we might have another chance to breath.  Right now, we are just taking it one day at a time.

Friday night:

We started the softball tournament.  Thank goodness it started on Friday or I wouldn't have gotten to see any of my daughter's games.

It was dark so I wasn't able to take many photos.  Also, I should mention that whenever I go to any of her games, she doesn't do well.  She does great when I'm not there.  I just don't get it.

They ended up losing the first game and tying the second game.  They had to come back on Saturday to play and we didn't figure they would make it very far. 

Since I had to take Zachary to his tournament, I wasn't able to go to Victoria's.  (Of course, the tournaments were on 2 completely different sides of Georgia)

With the way they played on Friday, we figured Victoria would only have a couple games, and then would be done.  The plan was, they would then come to Zachary's tournament.  Obviously we spoke too soon.  Her team did great on Saturday {don't forget I wasn't there}, they made it to the championship game and came in 2nd place {without me being there}.  They even got a trophy!!! I'm convinced that wouldn't have happened if I had been there.

They finally came dragging in about 1am.  One AM!!!  How in the world these people expect girls to play all day and not finish until 1am is beyond me but they do it.

So, really with the time change, that couldn't have come at a worst weekend; they really got to bed about 2am.  We had to be up at 6am to have Zachary 1 hour away by 8am.  Yikes!!!

This is what my daughter looked like until about noon.

We didn't dare speak to her.

She finally comes out of her coma and begs and pleads for the camera because she is bored. 

It's interesting what she takes photos of.

Her foot

The back of my head

My clapping hands

Finally she gets my face

And a light

We finally take the camera back from her so we could take pics of her brother.

But first, a question.  How in the world am I suppose to get that red dirt out of our uniform.  Talk about a major headache.  It looks like they added some extra coloring to it.

Yes, Zachary does 'fly' around the bases. 
Coming in for a landing at home plate.

Stealing second....

  That umpire knew better than to call my baby out!  Just kidding!

Overall the boys had a great tournament.  They ended up 2-2.  We didn't make it to the championship game; but we played great together as a team.  We are improving more and more each time we play and that's what matters in the end.  Oh, and the fact that we are having fun.

And a major highlight to our weekend....

Zachary got to meet former Atlanta Braves pitcher, Tom Glavine. 

Mr. Glavine's son was on one of the teams that Zachary's team played against (and beat).  Tom was at the game on Sunday and every kid in the park wanted his signature.  He signed a ball for Zachary and also his baseball uniform.

I was off getting lunch for the family at the time and can you belive my husband didn't even grab the camera to take a picture.  The nerve; he was in so much trouble.

Today I feel like I have been run over by a truck.  I didn't do much in the way of my 40 bags in 40 days; I only managed to clean out a small closet.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to tackle a bigger project.

Until then.... Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...