Thursday, September 22, 2011

Paint glorious paint

I just love paint. 

 If you have a room that has become dull to you and it just needs a good pick-me-up; paint can be your bestfriend.

I love the newness and freshness that a gallon of paint can provide.

I am especially loving all the painting that I have been doing in my basement.  We have been in our house for 10 years and have worked in the basement off and on during that time.  I never thought that we would ever have paint on the walls.

With each room that I paint, I feel such a sense of accomplishment.  I just hope my family will appreciate it as much as I am.

Let me recap a little bit.  In May I decided I wanted to finish the drywall in our full basement.  I started with an inconspicuous area under the stairs and have worked my way up from there to a closet, hallway, my new office/craft room and now my old office/craft room. 

This is what the room looked like before.



This is what it looks like now.



We finally finished the bay area so I was able to prime that part, let it dry then paint.



I got all the edges painted.



My son even helps with some of the painting when he got home from school.



The finished walls..... I'm doing the entire basement the same color.  It's from Home Depot and it's called Peanut Butter.  I think it's been a great color for the space.



After I let it dry tonight, I'll be able to go back tomorrow and add a 2nd light coat if need be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...