Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Using a Pinterest idea

I saw this really great idea pinned on Pinterest a couple days ago.  I loved the idea, in fact; I believe I referred to it as genious. 


Credit



I have had this piece around my house for several years.




I love it but it is one of those pieces that I never quite know what to do with it.  I never know where to put it or what to put on it.  It always just seemed to travel around my house from room to room, surface to surface.



It's latest location has been in the entry way on one of those half tables with 3 twine balls on top.  It was simple to put together and it seemed happy there.


It has great detail. 




This morning it got a new home and purpose.


In trying to mimick the above look, I draped it with a fallish cloth napkin




Then I just sat my hand soap, dish soap, lotion and a candle on top.





It was super easy.  It gets these things off the counter, making the counter look cleaner and it's such a great use of a piece that never seems to have a permanent home.




I like how it looks even if it is taller than my bar.  Hopefully the kids won't knock the things over goofing around on the other side.








So, that's my version of a great Pinterest idea.

Not on Pinterest yet?  Send me your email address and I'll invite you.  You just never know what great idea you will find.











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...