Thursday, September 15, 2011

Two down, four to go

I finished my 2nd of 6 dining room chairs today.




I do have to say the 2nd chair was much easier than the first.
I kinda knew what I was doing by this point and
I also knew what to expect.

The lady at JoAnn Fabrics, who sold me my new staple gun, told me
that my hand would get sore after about the 4th chair.

Well, I've only finished 2 and my hand is sore.
I even took a few days break between chairs and it's sore.

It probably wouldn't be too bad if maybe I didn't have to push so hard on the lever and hold the gun down with both hands to make sure the staples go in.

This is the staple gun that I got:


But maybe if I had something a little more like this:


The Surebonder 9615 Pneumatic Fine Wire Staple Gun from Amazon.com

Now that looks like it would make reupholstering alot more fun. 
Not that I'm not having fun, it's just hard work.
We all know thats not fun!

It even comes with a handy carrying case.

With this baby, I could reupholster everything in my house.

Well, maybe not everything; but it would be a lot easier to finish my chairs.

Maybe hubby will feel sorry for my poor hands and surprise me with this.

It's only $40; you never know!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...