Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Candy Fail


When we were in Ohio for Thanksgiving, my sister-in-law made some great candies out of mint chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips.


They were so good, I couldn't stay out of them.


I could have sworn she told me that she just spread them out on parchment paper and then put them in the oven for a few minutes until they melted together.


Obviously I didn't listen like I should have because this is what I ended up with.



 Hers were so smooth and creamy and good.  Mine was just burnt and disgusting.


Maybe I used the wrong kind of chips.  Hers had a nice minty taste and I used white chocolate chips because I couldn't find the mint flavored ones.


Maybe you can't put white chocolate chips in the oven.


Maybe I had the temperature too high and left them in too long.


I checked them periodically and they were still chip shape so I just let them keep melting cooking.


Then I decided to take them out and try to spread them with the spatula.  I was thinking they were melted and just needed smoothed out.


Nope.



How sad!


Guess I will just stick with putting chocolate chips into cookie dough.


 At least I gave my kids and hubby a good chuckle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...