When we were in Ohio for Thanksgiving, my sister-in-law made some great candies out of mint chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips.
They were so good, I couldn't stay out of them.
I could have sworn she told me that she just spread them out on parchment paper and then put them in the oven for a few minutes until they melted together.
Obviously I didn't listen like I should have because this is what I ended up with.
Hers were so smooth and creamy and good. Mine was just burnt and disgusting.
Maybe I used the wrong kind of chips. Hers had a nice minty taste and I used white chocolate chips because I couldn't find the mint flavored ones.
Maybe you can't put white chocolate chips in the oven.
Maybe I had the temperature too high and left them in too long.
I checked them periodically and they were still chip shape so I just let them keep
Then I decided to take them out and try to spread them with the spatula. I was thinking they were melted and just needed smoothed out.
Guess I will just stick with putting chocolate chips into cookie dough.
At least I gave my kids and hubby a good chuckle.