Friday, February 24, 2012

Stuff be gone....

I have jumped in on the challenge that Ann Marie is having over at White House, Black Shutters.



It's a great motivation to get some stuff cleared out that I've forgotten I even have.  I did the challenge last year.  I was able to clear out lots of stuff in my closet, master bathroom, the kids rooms and then I stopped.  I think I had jumped in too hard.  This year, I decided to take things a little slower and smaller.  Instead of tackling an entire closet in one day, I decided to do some drawers to start off.


I haven't cleaned out my nightstand draws in several months years.



I had so much stuff shoved in there.  To be honest, I don't even really know what nightstand drawers should be used for.  Mine were used mostly for holding stuff that I didn't know what else to do with.


I found some old journals.


I had started writing in this one when I was pregnant with my daughter, 14 years ago.



I found 3 journals total.  Two that I had started writing in, but they were only half full.  One was empty and I gave it to my daughter so maybe she could start writing down some of her thoughts.



I have no idea what that white stuff is in the top drawer.  Probably some lotion that got spilled and never wiped up.


I love having the drawers almost empty.



This baby doll was mine when I was a little girl.



I managed to get 1 bag of trash out of the drawers.  I didn't get anything for Goodwill but gave a couple things to my daughter.



My 2nd set of drawers to tackle were the drawers in my china cabinet.


They haven't been cleaned out since I got this piece of furniture almost 2 years ago.



Somehow the top drawer ended up as a junk drawer.  I hate junk drawers so this definitely needed cleaned out.



I found these cute Easter towels that my mom gave me.


I had forgotten that I had them.



I took everything out and put it on the dining room table.


I then sorted through everything and made a pile to go to goodwill and a pile that needed to go to a different location.


I had more linens than I needed and some of the things that I just don't love anymore.



I'm now able to use the bottom drawer for my Christmas dishes and serving platters.



The top drawer is organized and no longer has weird random stuff thrown in it.



I ended up with a small bag of trash and started a box to go to Goodwill.



Even though you can't see inside the drawers all the time, I love the idea that they are cleaned.  It'll be a nice surprise when I open them and they aren't cluttered.




I'm linking up with White House, Black Shutters

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...