Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Living room progress...


This is my living room.


If you remember, it's on my list of DIY home plans for 2012.


I has originally wanted to do board and batten in this room.


When I factored in how much time and money would be involved, I decided the best thing to do if I wanted to make a change quickly would be to simply repaint.


I love what a can of paint can do for a room.


I was really tired of the dark colors.



I loved it when I first painted it these colors but it made the room so dark.


So I set out to pick colors for this room.



I picked up a couple of samples at Lowe's.


And painted a small patch on the walls.



I love the light blue but not for a formal living room.


Hubby and I both likes the darker blue/green color.


We decided to go with that for the whole room then we are going to accent with the gold color that I picked out.


I also went and picked out some fabric to make curtains.



I started by priming all the walls.  Since I was going lighter over a darker paint, I wanted to make sure none of the darker paint shows through.




There was no turning back now.


By the time I got all the walls primed and went to the store to get my paint.  I had already changed my mind about the wall color.


I want this room to be really bright and airy and I also want it to look formal.


I decided to go with the gold color that I had chosen for the accent color.


I'm so glad I did.


I went ahead and got the walls rolled with their first coat today.


I now have to wait for hubby to come in and do the cutting in.


I am horrible at cutting in paint and so I have to leave that up to him.





I'm painting the entire room this color then we are going to do the trim rectangles at the bottom, like in our dining room; then I will paint the inside of the rectangles the blue/green color.


I'm sure there's a name for that technique but I don't know what it is.


I already love how much it lightens this room up.


Stay tuned for the finished product.



The paint colors I am using are: Shoreline Haze and Lyndhurst Duchess Blue.  They are both available at Lowe's.




 

I am linking up with the following parties.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...