Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pantry Cleanup

A few weeks ago, I had decided to jump on the 40 bags in 40 days bandwagon with Ann Marie over at White House, Black Shutters.



I started off really good then life just got busy so I hadn't done anything in a while.


My daughter's softball team is having a garage sale to earn money this weekend.


I decided that I need to get busy coming up with things to put into the sale and it's a perfect time to get rid of stuff that I have been hanging onto forever.


This is my pantry/laundry room.



I hate this room.


Every time I walk into this room to get something, it gives me a headache.


We are supposed to one day move the washer and dryer to the basement but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.


One of my biggest problems with the room is that I can't reach the shelves.  Every time I need to get something, I have to get on a step stool to reach it.


It's just as difficult to put things away.


Everything just ends up shoved up there with no rhyme or reason.


Things get shoved to the backs of the corners and I can never find anything.



I have several small appliances that I don't use anymore, that need to be given for the garage sale.


At one point, for a reason that I don't understand, I put my spices and baking things on the 3rd shelf.


I think I did this to keep the bottom shelf for snacks and items for the kids.  They really aren't able to reach all the way up to the 3rd shelf.


So I just jumped in.  I got a box from the garage to put in the stuff for the garage sale.


I got a trash bag for things that have expired that need to be disposed of.


I wiped down the top shelf, it was really dusty up there.


Here is how it looks now.



I like to have all my food together so I know what I have and am able to find stuff.


I also moved my spices to the bottom shelf.  This right there will make my life so much easier.



I love how it turned out.  I love how all my cans and jars are lined up and facing forward.


We'll see how long it lasts.



Because it is also a laundry room, I do have to have laundry supplies in here.  I moved a stand up from the basement that works perfectly.  It also gets my detergent off the shelves with the food.



So, that's my pantry and laundry room all cleaned up.


I managed to get 1 bag of trash and 1 box of stuff to get rid of.


A big box.




 

I'm linking up with these parties...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...