Sunday, June 10, 2012

Living Room Completion


My living room is finally complete.  It didn't take nearly as long as I had thought it would and I love how it turned out.

Let me just remind you what the living room looked like before:


I loved the dark brown and maroon paint when I first did it.  Over time, the room just seemed so dark.  We don't have a ceiling light of any kind in this room and the lamps just weren't enough light for the room.

We then removed all the carpet and put down hardwood flooring.


I had originally wanted to do board and batten in this room, but realized that it would take forever and be costly so I decided against it.

What I did decide to do was paint the room and make some curtains.  

You can read about the progress here and here.

I love how it turned out.
I love how the room seems so much brighter and bigger now.


It's amazing to me what lightening up the walls will do for a room.




I also made some curtains.

They are light and airy and let in natural light, which I think is very important in any room.




So this is the room with all the pictures back on the walls and furniture in place.




Lets look at the progress:

Before

and after....



I'm very happy with it.

I'm also happy to be able to mark that room off our list of DIY home plans 2012.

Now onto our next project!




 

I'm sharing this post with these great linky parties...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...