Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crock Pot BBQ


This is probably the easiest dinner that I have ever made.


The hardest part of this meal was realizing that my oven was broken when I went to cook the Texas toast.


I just put it on the griddle and it was even better than if it had gone in the oven.


The BBQ takes 3 ingredients:


Go buy a 5 lb Boston butt.



Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and put it in the slow cooker.



Pour an 18 oz bottle of BBQ sauce over top.



Follow that with a 12 oz soda drink.  You can use anything here.  I had Diet Coke so that's what I used.  It calls for 12 ounces but I used the entire bottle of 16.9.  I don't really think it made a difference if I would have used the smaller can.



Set the slow cooker to high, put the lid on and let it cook for 8 hours.  You can turn the Boston butt over a couple of times throughout the day if you think of it (or if you are around) if not, it's really not a big deal.



After it has cooked for 8 hours, the meat will just fall off the bone.  Your house will smell so good and you will end up with a plate full of this.


Happiness.



I served homemade coleslaw on the side.


I started by combining sugar, salt, pepper and mayo then mixing it with the prepackaged angel hair slaw from the grocery.



Super easy and it was a great compliment to the BBQ.



Put a slice of Texas toast on the side and call it a meal.



I gotta say, after being forced to cook the toast on the griddle, and it turning out so good; I think I will be doing it that way from now on.



CROCK POT BBQ


5 lb Boston Butt


16 oz bottle BBQ sauce


12 oz cola drink


Place pork in slow cooker.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour BBQ sauce and cola over pork.  Cook on high for 8 hours (or low 12-16 hours) until pork is tender and meat shreds easily.  Stir occasionally to prevent sauce from burning on side of crock pot.  Shred pork and separate from fat before serving.



ANGEL HAIR COLESLAW


1 pkg. angel hair slaw


2 tbsp sugar


1/2 tsp salt


1/4 tsp pepper


1/2 cup mayo


Combine sugar, salt, pepper and mayo; mix with slaw.


1 comment:

  1. [...] started off the week with Ginger-Apricot Chicken and Crock Pot BBQ.  Both dishes were super easy and [...]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...