Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ginger-Apricot Chicken


This week I started back with my e-mealz subscription.


I had missed it.


I started on Tuesday with Meal 1.


Ginger-Apricot Chicken with white rice and stir fry veggies.


It was delicious and easy and a no brainer.


I love not having to decide last-minute what is for dinner.


I love having a menu and since I went shopping for everything on the menu at once, I had all my ingredients on hand.



I start with about a pound of chicken breast.  I had it already thawed because I knew what was for dinner in the morning and it has been sitting in the fridge ready to go.


I added a little salt and pepper to the chicken then put it in the baking dish.




I then combine a bottle of Russian dressing, 1 cup apricot preserves, fresh ginger, cornstarch and onion soup mix




Pour mixture over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.



When the chicken is almost finished prepare the white rice and stir-fry the veggies in hot oil.  Add soy sauce to the veggies and cook until they are crisp-tender.


Plate up and enjoy!



GINGER-APRICOT CHICKEN


1.5 + pkg boneless chicken thighs or breasts


8 oz bottle Russian dressing


1 cup apricot preserves


1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger


3 tsp corn starch


1 pkg onion soup mix


Place chicken in baking dish, plump side up.  Combine dressing, preserves, ginger, cornstarch and soup mix.  Stir well and pour over chicken.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min - 1 hour or more until tender.  Serve over rice.


3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Oh the things one can do with dressing!

    Do check out my blog: simplyfoodtales.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] started off the week with Ginger-Apricot Chicken and Crock Pot BBQ.  Both dishes were super easy and [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank god I found this post. Man I wish emealz had an archive for their customers, but then I guess they wouldn't make any money. It's always about the money , never about the customer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...