Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Winter Mantle


Now that Christmas is behind us, it's time for all the snowmen to come down and get packed away for the next 10 months.  For January and February, I don't like to just go straight back to my beachy theme mantle, even though it has been 65 degrees here.  I wanted to do something simple for winter.


I was thinking white, silver and pops of red.



I found these glasses turned candle holders and mirror at a local consignment store.  They look really nice with the candles lit at night.



I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and picked up some things to put into my glass hurricane.



I love these itsy-Bead-sies.


They come in several different colors and are great to put into glass for pops of color.



So I started by pouring one package into the hurricane.



I then added the fake flowers and put in the 2nd bag of itsy-BEAD-sies.



Then put it on my mantle.






On the other side, I had some beads already in this glass jar.  I just put it in front of the frame that I painted for my summer mantle.  This candle I found at Kohl's on Christmas clearance.  It seemed fitting for a winter mantle because it's white as had the snowflake on it.





So, that's my mantle.


Simple! Easy! Clean!


I love the color the red beads add and it'll be so easy to redo for Valentines Day.





I'm linking up with these parties.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...