Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Photo of the Day: Back in the swing of things

December is such a busy month for everybody.  School parties, Christmas parties, concerts, traveling, shopping.  It just never slows down.

When the kids are out of school for Christmas break, I make it a point to slow down.  I turn off our alarm clocks and we sleep until we wake up.  I let phone calls go to voice mail and only check my email once a day.  We have to have that time in our lives where we slow down and just live minute-by-minute, day-by-day.  I need the time to unwind.  My kids need the time to unwind. It makes me a nicer person.

All sports stop over Christmas break.  Hubby might take the kids to the gym to shoot basketballs but we don't have anything on our calendar that we have to do.  We don't have any appointments to make or times when we have to be somewhere.

I truly enjoy those 2 weeks.

They always go by so fast.

The kids went back to school on Tuesday and I was not ready for our break to be over.  Basketball started back on Tuesday and softball is right behind it.



I'm not looking forward to packed calendars and rushing out the door to make it somewhere on time, but it's here.

Thank you break, I needed you.  Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...