Monday, October 10, 2011

Chicken-Bacon Alfredo Pizza

 



My kids were out of school today for Columbus Day.


It rained all day and was quite chilly here.


Those 2 things can certainly lead to a very boring day.


Thankfully, my kids had dentist appointments. I know that isn't exciting for them, but it gets us up and out of the house instead of laying around in our pj's all day.


So we headed to the dentist and as every good 13 year old wants to do, my daughter suggested that we go shopping after.


What a great idea for a rainy, cold afternoon.


About that time, I got a call from a friend of ours. Her kids were bored too and so we made plans to meet up at the mall with the kids.


She happens to be one of my favorite shopping buddies. She is honest, fashion savvy and loves to spend money like I do. Actually we are probably a bad combination at the mall but it works for us.


We were in no hurry, so we hit up a few free-standing stores, got lunch for the kids then went to the outdoor mall. Yes, in the rain.


We were gone all day. It was so much fun, but I'm always exhausted when we get back home.


Unfortunately, hubby will be home soon and he's going to want some dinner.

That usually makes for an evening of leftovers or what I like to call "oven toss". Oven toss is where I just toss some stuff into the oven and call it dinner.


About 2 months ago I was introduced to a weekly meal planner called E-Mealz.


Without E-Mealz I don't know what we would have had for dinner tonight. It has been fabulous. I no longer have to worry about what we are having for dinner. I already know because it's right on my menu.


I know what meats I need to thaw out for dinner that night. I usually defrost it in the morning then put it in the refrigerator all day so it's ready for dinner.


I follow the Publix Meal Plan for 5 since Publix is where I do most of my shopping. I log onto the E-Mealz website each Wednesday and print off my weekly menu.





I then read through it and cross off anything that I know my family won't eat. For example, anything with beans in it gets crossed off the list.


I then write on the menu the days that I will be making each item. Publix's sale flyer starts on Thursday so that is the day I have designated to go to the store and do my weekly shopping.


Tonight's menu item was Chicken-Bacon Alfredo Pizza.





It was delicious. It was also super easy to make. I already had the chicken thawed out so it took no time at all.


Here is a pre-cooked picture.





Here is the finished pizza fresh from the oven.












And now, here is the recipe.



Chicken-Bacon Alfredo Pizza
1 refrigerated pizza crust
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1/2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 1/2 cup chicken, cooked & chopped
8 oz shredded mozzarella
Pre-bake pizza crust according to package directions. Top with Alfredo sauce {I didn't use the entire jar, about half}, cooked bacon, cooked chicken and cheese. Bake at 400* for 10-15 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
Serve with bread sticks.



See, super easy. I hope you enjoy it!




I'm linking up with......

Home Savvy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...