Monday, October 24, 2011

Softball Weekend




It has been a long time since we have been up at the crack of dawn to drive an hour to sit in the cold and watch the kids play ball.

This weekend Victoria picked up on a travel team so we would have the opportunity to do just that again.

I have to admit, I had gotten used to spending my weekends at home working on projects, painting rooms or just hanging in front of the TV watching football.

If you are familiar with travel ball, you know that games start very early in the morning.  Usually around 9am, on a weekend no doubt.  This means that, depending on where you play, you may have to leave your house when it's still dark outside.

I'm sorry but no one should have to get up while it's still dark out on a weekend.  It's just not right.

One of the advantages, is getting to see the sun come up over the ball fields.  If your team does well, you just might get to see the sun go down over them too.




{It's not the beach but, hey, you take what you can get right?}



My daughter pitches and plays short stop.


 





 

Early morning warm ups in the freezing cold.  I feel sorry for the poor person who has to be on the receiving end of that ball.  Oh yea, that would be her daddy.


Even though it was freezing in the morning, it turned out to be a beautiful day.










 Rounding second



 
Safe at 3rd!



I was in the perfect position to get a picture of her coming home.






And then.... 
My camera batteries died!!
Of course I didn't bring extras.



Little brother trying to keep warm.






So that was my weekend.  Now it's back to the Monday grind of crafting, painting, sewing and general home improvements.

I hope you had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...